06-24-2021, 07:01 PM   #29
dreamingat30fps
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Miata, Cayenne, Model 3, F350

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASAP View Post
Condo HOAs are evil... house neighborhood HOAs are ok and are very cheap like $40 a month... wo them you risk cars parked on the grass, grass growing out of driveways, shit on people's driveways, rotting fences and no gates to your neighborhood... yea freedom is great until you pay 300k for a home and have a rotten catamaran sitting next to you for a year w punctured tires...
Dunno where in FL you are but around me you ain't gonna find no $40/mo HOAs. My HOA which was one of the cheapest we found when we bought our house and includes cable TV and internet (plus standard crap like pool, tennis courts and other shit I've never used in 10 years living there) is around $200/mo. My sister in law who bought a house recently in a fancy community in Miami is like $400-$500/mo. Most homes in HOA communities around me are in the $300+ per month range.

Honestly I would probably be fine with a $40 HOA to keep my neighbor from starting a used toilet collection in his front yard, especially when living in zero lot line homes. That's the kind of HOA we encountered in NC. Typically under $50/mo and usually just included road maintenance.
Appreciate 0