View Single Post
      11-09-2012, 11:33 AM   #15
BM635
Private
Rep
Drives: E24 635CSI

Quote:
Originally Posted by actuarius
Mine was delivered today and was told that no running in is required....so going to try it out properly this weekend.

First impression is fantastic handling, but quite a "jiggly" ride. I had it in comfort mode and was definitely bouncing around a little bit on any roads that aren't smooth.

The E steering definitely takes a bit of getting used to. Very light in slow speeds, especially compared with my old E90 320i. And at higher speeds steering feel is muted - on bumpy roads I felt the jiggly ride, but none of that was transmitted to the steering wheel. Not saying E steering is bad....just takes some getting used to.

Had a short drive tonight in sports mode and that felt good - very fast and stable round the bends, fantastic engine, and also got the Bluetooth and Y-cable working on the iDrive. Just felt like an excellent package, and great value for money. I think I need to drive it more and get used to how it rides.
Congrats on your new car. Do you have adaptive dampers? I ordered it with AD and found the car to be extremely comfortable in comfort mode, and I drive mostly on HK island. Haven't tried one out with M sport suspension yet, but right now, I'm thinking of upgrading to 19" wheels.
Appreciate 0