Madgambler
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Hartge, M Xorst, Quaife, B1

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by westphone View Post
Simply a friendly reminder, I had a few close calls. I am sure you know this already, but the Michelin PSS is strange when it comes to damp mountain roads. The traction seems to suffer a more than expected drop, and the car tends to snap away more easily. Then again, we have leaves and the roads have undulations. I hope mountain roads are better where you are .
Thanks for the tip, I was unaware of that trait of the PSS although it does feel like the kind of compound that needs to warm up and melt a bit to achieve a certain amount of tackiness.

If I drove on roads at altitudes that deserved the term 'mountain' or lived in a country that experienced proper winters I would most certainly switch to winter tyres rather than rely on these boots to keep me on the black stuff.

As it is the highest point I drive past is barely 900ft above sea level and the road is well below that. Although I do remember power-sliding up the same road in my 130i M a few winters back seeing all the Z3's littering the verge when we did have a bit of a snowy period. That was a blast as I recall...even had to resort to a bit of steering waggle and seat bouncing to coax it over the top XD

Mind you I will be taking it on a drive to the Scottish Higlands later in the month so I'll be extra careful.