c1pher
Primo Generalissimo
United_States
Rep
Drives: All of them

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by damnitBobby View Post
Why get a M4 when you can get a Corvette Z06 that's faster? Wait why get a Corvette Z06 when you can get a GT350 that's cheaper and just as special? Wait why get a GT350 when you can get a Mustang 5.0 that still has a solid V8? Wait why get a Mustang when you can get a Miata that's more fun to drive than any of those cars?

You have to draw the line somewhere right? Well let's just say some people can draw the line much further up the hierarchy then others.

I heard Kia's are having some mad lease specials maybe check those out?
Obviously you're exaggerating a good bit. When people do this, they are making rational judgments. I think it's ignorant to just assume that an M4 is better than a less expensive car in the same or similar segment just because it costs more. Sure as a general rule of thumb that may be true, but sometimes expensive items are just that and the cache they carry is due to history, tradition or follow the herd mentality (e.g. "you know you've arrived when you own _______").

When you also have several car magazines/car review outlets compare something like a Vette and an M4 and say the Vette is better, wouldn't that cause you to consider their feedback, even partially, if you were looking to buy an M4? None of my wealthy friends just hand out money. That's why they are wealthy. They buy CPO/used Lexus/MB/BMWs etc and not new ones. Something I am learning to finally do in life. Some of them hang onto cars a really long time since they are considered liabilities, not typically investments.

I did buy the Corvette new because I got it $10,300 off sticker and 1-2 year old/low mileage used ones were going for about the same price. So when I factored in a new warranty etc, it made sense to buy new or possibly a last generation Corvette to bring the price down further. It also seems Corvette owners like to think their used cars command a very high resale value. I plan to drive mine instead of keep it in the garage and wipe it with a diaper, so I figure it won't be worth much when I'm done.....why let the next owner have all the fun?
Appreciate 0