View Single Post
      06-05-2011, 07:35 AM   #470
M2
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aitherobamwn View Post
Really i do not understand all this hate.Suddenly in 48 hours all became judges and experienced car designers.The weird in this case is that they dont have ever see the car in in the real world.Just immature...
Appealing to the market of potential buyers is what designing automobiles is about, whether it be driving dynamics or design. Its not about being a controversial designer who thinks they know design better since they have a piece of paper saying they do. I am judging this design because I am a potential buyer, well not anymore...
An ugly design is just that, unless you want to call it art and prop it up in a museum and debate the meaning of perception.
No "in-person" viewing is going to change my mind about how ugly that front end is. Different yes, sporty NO! BMW is way off the mark here. Whoever designed this model should be transferred to Mini division since they already
screwed up that design. BMW fans want a car that not only handles incredible but looks appealing, not questionable at best.
So while I am not a car designer, I know what appeals to me and so do the
rest of the BMW fans. Everyone has the right to their opinion, including you.
This new "forward" design is off the mark for the potential buyers and market.
If BMW wants to be a trend setter they need to make appealing designs not polarizing designs. Attracting and retaining buyers to your brand is the idea, right?

Last edited by M2; 06-05-2011 at 08:01 AM..
Appreciate 0