02-03-2013, 05:20 PM   #77
KoenG
Lieutenant Colonel
Belgium
Rep
Drives: i4 eDrive40 & Cupra Leon 300

Quote:
Originally Posted by hwelvaar View Post
I'm still flabbergasted with you trying to convince everyone that AWD is the best option ?
If I don't care about being the fastest at the traffic lights, or getting the best traction in wet conditions, but if on the other hand I like to play in the wet or snow, pull the handbrake every now and then, and do some regular track time at Francorchamps and like to control the car in bends with the pedal instead of the steering wheel, I think that RWD is clearly the best choice.
Well, when you don't like the xDrive trend, just have some patience for a few years, since everything above 300hp/500Nm will become AWD. I just read that the F30 335d will only be available in xDrive, just like the M550d. I'am pretty certain the M5/6 will join fast.

The 1M you're driving is a splendid car, but it would have been greater with the xDrive. It wouldn't have made you less entertained on Francorchamps either. Pulling a hand brake is also possible on a xDrive, and yes, it puts power down on the rear first to propagate over-power slides. The difference is that you won't waste so much torque in frying your rear tires but instead put it in propulsion.

Just look at the car and driver M5/6 comparo, you'll find on this forum somewhere... What a waste: all this smoked rubber could have been converted to traction instead. It's clear why a GTR is so effective!
Appreciate 0