Vervain
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: .

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovekvam View Post
In Norway, the i3 will be rather cheap, around the same level as a stripped out 114i. Electric cars can drive in the bus lanes, they pay no road toll, they have free parking, free ferries, and even free charging in some areas. I expect the i3 to sell rather well. The Nissan Leaf has been among the top 5 sold cars lately, and the Tesla Model S topped the list the first month it was delivered.

Well, the electric cars are not really cheaper in Norway, but conventional cars are very expensive here.

The i3 will be the cheapest BMW available here, and older people will like that it is rather tall, as they find the 1-series too hard to get in and out of. That makes the X1 or X3 the alternative if they want a BMW, and they are VERY expensive compared to the i3

BTW: I am also not very impressed by the aero kit and the black tail lights. Prefer the standard M-Sport look.
Strangely, the first full EV in South Africa went on sale last week! It is the popular Nissan Leaf. BMW will follow shortly with the i3 and i8. The leaf is priced around the M135i's price, which is absurd. We are one of the few countries where there is no green incentive discount on EV cars.

Here's the kicker: There is NO charging station infrastructure developed in South Africa yet, but Nissan has said that you can charge it during the night at your home and for free at any Nissan dealership around the country.
They have also strongly emphasised however that it is not being sold for numbers but merely to demonstrate the technology in the country and to provide a platform for this technology to kick off in this country.

The future of the i3 and i8 looks bleak but it is still going to be sold. I can't imagine the price.

I can imagine why EVs are so popular in Norway. From what I've seen, the prices of cars are insane, easily in the top 5 of the most expensive cars in the world. I really can't believe that the i3 is priced so well and has such great benefits! I would certainly get one if I'd live there .. Have you thought about getting one?
Appreciate 0