View Single Post
      02-14-2013, 09:35 PM   #39
ozinaldo
Brigadier General
Portugal
Rep
Drives: 1M

Since this AMG is available only in auto and awd, price and performance comparisons with M135i must be based on M135i's xdrive version (which also is auto only and a perfect match) and not the rwd (manual or auto). I am betting they will be very close with this identical configuration in price and equipment. Also, since BMW says xdrive makes the 0 to 100 km/h in 4.7sec. (4.6 sec for AMG) there is a believable tie there and only real world tests can/will show which one is the faster car. In short, AMG is not 0.5 sec faster than a M135i, to say that is simply insulting people's intelligence and even their literacy level, apples to apples it is just 0.1 sec faster and that is only on paper yet.

Probably next year or so Audi will join this gang with a similarly powered and geared new RS3. I just hope BMW will stay away from "this" rather predictable and long planned German competition and take another competition seriously: making the next M2 better than 1M and E90 M3 and coming Alfa 4C and also worry about the next Cayman R, nothing less. That's where they need to and they have to win, with next M2 and next M3/M4.
BMW 1M-SOLD-: TECH: Evolve Race+N55mids, Evolve IC, Michelin PSS, ER cp, aFe filter, CDVx, Vorshlag camber plates, BMS OCC EXTERIOR: trunk spoiler, blacklines, black grills, IND goodies INTERIOR: Alcantara steering wheel, steel pedals, custom mats, MPower e-brake.
Appreciate 0