01-22-2013, 08:23 AM   #4
BenN
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F31 335d MSport Plus

Quote:
Originally Posted by will-w View Post
Winter rubber certainly makes a difference, I got stuck twice yesterday coming to work... AND it took me 20 minutes to get off my drive, out of the close and down the lane (normally takes 2 minutes, max).
Yeah, i tried to get to work yesterday but couldnt make it unfortuantely no fault of the tyres, the snow over here in Durham was far too deep, higher than the door sill in the morning, then upto the top of the alloy come the evening - was fighting a loosing battle with trying to clear it. I did try to get out, digging trenches etc... winter tyres worked wonders mind-u, even up the banks aslong as the snow didnt hit the undercarriage. Even the 4x4's really struggled to make it out of our village, so i didnt feel that bad.

Today was a different story mind. There are two ways out of our village, one up-hill and one down-hill - and the council dont grit anything in the village which sucks. The downhill venture was far too deep in the centre, so i took the shovel and skimmed the top from the up-hill route, which wasnt as bad, and a shorter trip. A group of people were standing-by, being very negative about the RWD in the snow. Got an 'ouch' from some guy who asked if i had any weight in the boot. They insisted on pushing me up this hill, which was nice i suppose, yet to their amazement i left them standing after less than a metre and away i went. Up the still-farily deep snow covered hill, then onto the flat roads - no problem

The car handles really well in the snow, i never get stuck to the point of needing help really, well nothing abit of graft with a shovel won't fix, aslong as clearance is fixed (damn m-sport suspension) and your moving, no hurdle seems to be a problem!

Heres a pic of the car first thing monday morning; its bad news when you have to clear the snow before opening the door - it only got worse from this point onwards!!

Anyone else got any stories?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0