06-04-2013, 04:18 PM   #24
AusF20/F48
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: F20 125i MS, F48 XD25i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovekvam View Post
I don't see myself as an expert, but I know I can do a series of corners without turning the steering wheel into the corners, as I have done it a lot of times. That proves you wrong. It IS possible by pendulum turn and throttle control. If you have been rallying, I am surprised you don't know this, as it is a rather common trick.

I see most racing and rally drivers seem to drive without ever changing hand grips now. I used to have a marker on top of my steering wheel back in the days with 4 turns L2L, but I don't miss it now.
You missed my point

In my original reply, I said I could not see the point of the M Wheel. This is getting off track.
BTW Even in a pendulum 'turn' you have to initiate it with bias on the wheel. So my point holds true. If you apply any movement on the wheel it is still considered as 'turn of the wheel' (simple physics)

My comment was in reply to you comment that the steering wheel was always in the straight on position during hard cornering.

You rally and race, you know that it not the case when corning hard as there is the need to constantly correct the steering for the road conditions.
The need for less steering movement on a track is agreed.
Appreciate 0