05-14-2012, 08:15 PM   #64
nickdpp
Enlisted Member
Singapore
Rep
Drives: BMW M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by human88 View Post
Just to let everybody knows my new F20 118i's engine went dead suddenly and couldn't get it back up when I was on my way to work this morning.

The car is now towed to BMW service centre and am now waiting for BMW to get back to me on where the problem lies.

I just took delivery of the car about 2 weeks ago and have not done anything funny with it.

Hope the problem is nothing major but really didn't expect a new car to break down in just 2 weeks.
hey friend,
there is one car in beijing i heard that it had the same problem as yours, first of all his 1.6t engine is very noisy like an old car with minimum 60K kilo.
sencond 3 weeks ago his car was shut down automatically on the high way and no way to restart again, now what i heard is BMW had found out the problem, the romanian made honeywell turbo charger is wrong ,they are going to substitute a new car for him, but i am really not sure if the turbo charger has anything to do with shut down. if turbo is wrong, engine should still work, but with very poor output only.
Appreciate 0