View Single Post
      02-13-2011, 06:10 PM   #8
Coni
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Porsche Macan S

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3s-a-charm View Post
Just be happy with what you can get in RWD instead of complaining about the few FWD vehicles in the lineup. The FWD cars are not designed and built for us "purists" - myself included.

It's inevitable - FWD in some BMWs, turbos in most (soon). Just buy what you want or buy used (or switch brands).

Thanks Scott26 for another information overload! Looking forward to every update.
What he's saying is that he shouldn't have to "Just be happy" that he can get RWD. BMW means different things to different people, but most people will agree that BMW always means sporty, rear-wheel drive, balanced driving machines. So there shouldn't be any need to mention that a BMW will be RWD, it should be that way, always.

As for what Scott said, I am actually excited about the upcoming models, it should be very interesting to see what they come up with. Im thinking the 1 series gran-coupe might end up looking like the VW Passat CC, which is good imo. Until then, I will reserve judgement on the raft of new models, even if some of them do seem a bit odd on the face of it.
Appreciate 0