View Single Post
      08-24-2012, 02:44 PM   #1
veryjedi
Russian Federation
Rep
Drives: 118i - ordered

118i M sport ordered - one question remains

Hi everyone,

I am new to the f20 forum and this is my first thread. This forum and all the comments influenced the decision to order BMW pretty much. Thank you all!

So...

Last week I ordered (very excited!) 118i M Sport (actually there is no M sport version in Russia, it is called 118i with M package, but anyway):
- Estoril Blue
- Hexagon trim and hexagon cloth
- 17" M light alloy wheels 383M (My thoughts were that 17" will be much nicer for Moscow roads than 18"...)

The list of options:
- Xenon with headlights washers
- Auto dimming rear view mirror
- BMW professional radio + HK
- Multifunction controls for steering wheel
- Floor mates
- PDC rear
- Automatic Air Conditioning
- Bluetooth hands-free with USB audio interface
- Cruise control with brake function
- Front seats heating
- Fog lights
- Rain sensor
- Servotronic

I was quite sure about the options when I did the order, but now I doubt about the steering.

Manager at the dealership said that I still have some time to change servotronic for the variable active steering in my order if I willing to do so. The active steering price is ok with me, but I am not sure if I will like it or not. I read a lot in the forum about both options, so I understand the difference very clear.

The doubt I have is that I will be driving around the city most of the time (80% with 40-80 km/h), so with the active steering I guess I will have mostly loose steering and I am afraid that it won't give me much of BMW-feel driving. Probably parking will be much easier, but I guess most of us here order BMWs because of the driving pleasure not because of the parking pleasure.

Of course, it is better to try both servotronic and AS, but, unfortunately, I have no such option because of my schedule and availability of the cars at the nearby dealerships.

Will be happy to read your comments.
Appreciate 0