Major
Armenia
Rep
Drives: a car

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx10guy
Quote:
Originally Posted by AW335TT View Post
Again, ignore the fact you were completely wrong about near fields minimizing room effects lol.

It goes by the size of the speaker, 805s have been used as near fields.. no one is going to put a 802 on a desk, dont be stupid.

Those ATCs have a continues max spl of 112db..

Im not justifying anything, I have experience with the speakers.
Well, then Mix magazine that caters to the pro audio crowd is wrong too. So I guess your expertise trumps industry experts.

The 802s in the picture I posted of one of the mixing studios at Abbey Roads could be easily moved close up to the mixer table. But they weren't. So by your logic Abbey Roads is wrong too.

And your statement about the placement based on the size of the speakers just shows how wrong you are and little you know about driver design. Especially when it comes to multiple driver setups. Let's take the 802s, since we're talking about it. The reason they'll never work as near-field speakers of which they were never designed for this is because the size of the drivers and the arrangement will cause localization of the sound from each of the drivers.

I've provided three examples of where you're wrong from random sources. You've provided zero other than your own personal experience which I can go at length with on B&W speakers as I own quite a few sets.
First of all, you have provided nothing. The article you sent and especially the part you highlighted does NOT say studio monitors reduce room effects, it says placing a speaker close to you does.

They cant move the 802s closer, 1. because of their size, tweeter would end up being a lot closer to the person than the woofers 2. because the damn mixing board is in the way.

Just because a speaker works well up close, doesnt automatically mean it falls apart when you move it back.

Personal experience with a set of speakers trumps everything, you can read all you want.. till you hear them, you cant really argue anything.

And ill say it again, the part that you sent and highlighted DOES NOT SAY STUDIO MONITORS REDUCE THE EFFECTS OF A ROOM, IT IS REFERRING TO THE BENEFITS OF SPEAKER PLACEMENT.

AND THE REASON I BROUGHT UP B&W, FOCAL, etc WAS TO POINT OUT THAT MONITERS AND HIFI ARENT EXCLUSIVE TO EACH OTHER. A PAIR OF SPEAKERS PUSHING OUT 112DB WILL HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO ISSUES PLAYING IN A LARGE ROOM. NO MATTER HOW WELL THEY WORK UP CLOSE, THEY WILL WORK JUST AS WELL WHEN PUSHED BACK. END OF STORY.

and I love how you start off by saying im wrong for saying its because of the size of the speakers but continue on to say its because of the size of the drivers. lolll