View Single Post
      07-22-2015, 04:50 PM   #49
MiddleAgedAl
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M3

Call me ignorant, but this seems all the more bizarre to me considering that people in China have not been free to have as many kids as they want; so you'd think they would be all the more protective of that child...

Everyone I know who has > 1 kid admits that they were super protective and hyper paranoid about the first one, and with each successive kid, got more relaxed about rushing over at the first sign of a kid crying, etc.... and yet they still wouldnt let their 3rd or 4th child roast themself in a hot car. With their firstborn, they would be even more vigilant.

In this case, the odds are very good that the child is likely that woman's first born, and only child.....

Considering that, if you still think that your car's window (or your husband's concern for a car window) is more important that the safety of your kid, maybe you shouldn't be allowed to have any kids at all.... It's not as if the country is so underpopulated that everyone who is biologically capable of carrying a fetus from conception to birth should be strongly encouraged to do so.....