View Single Post
      01-17-2016, 09:01 AM   #17
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

I'd be interested in seeing what the technical solution is being that there is no retrofit kit planned. I bought my 2013 new at the end of January 2014. So I have one year beyond the termination date stated that BMW is obligated to do something.

I'm not faulting BMW for making this decision as others have stated...technology moves on and are usually outside the control of manufacturers who are "consumers" of these services. I'm just curious what their solution is going to be for people like me.

As another talking point, ADT went through the same issue...twice. I have their cellular backup service for my home security systems. My primary residence went through two upgrades of the cellular module and my vacation property once. Initially, ADT was going to charge us $200 to upgrade the box. I had held out after repeated notices and phone calls from them telling me I need to do the upgrade or lose service. I'm glad I did (and apparently others did too) as ADT changed their policy and just covered the cost of replacement.

Last edited by zx10guy; 01-17-2016 at 11:16 AM..
Appreciate 0