Dracon
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 F10 M5

Garage List
2013 BMW M5  [0.00]
BMW Discontinuing BMW Assist Renewals

It looks like BMW is killing off the Safety and Convenience Plans for BMW Assist for the more targeted services under the ConnectedDrive banner found in the newer 2014 and 2015 model vehicles (where you can buy individual services that were part of the Safety and Convenience Plans).

Quote:
BMW will be discontinuing renewals for the BMW Assist Safety Plan and Convenience Plan (i.e., customer pay). This impacts all vehicles that are based on CDMA, TCU 1.5, and COMBOX technologies.

As a summary:

• Renewals of the BMW Assist Safety Plan and Convenience Plan (applicable to 2013 and earlier vehicles and 2014 X6) are being discontinued as of January 1, 2016.

• For vehicles with subscriber agreements still within the BMW-paid period (i.e., 4 or 10 years after in-service date), please do not create a subscriber agreement beyond the BMW-paid period (e.g., extensions or renewals).

• As of early January 2016, the My BMW ConnectedDrive portal (www.bmwusa.com/MyBMWConnectedDrive) will no longer allow renewals for these affected vehicles.

>> FAQs: Discontinuation of Renewals for BMW Assist Safety Plan and Convenience Plan <<

1. Why was this change made?
a. At the end of 2016, the underlying communication technology will no longer be supported. At that time, BMW Assist Safety and Convenience Services will no longer function in the vehicle. We are discontinuing renewals so that service durations are not included beyond this date.

2. What services are affected?
a. All services under the BMW Assist Safety Plan and Convenience Plan are affected and will no longer work following the end of 2016. This includes the Emergency Calling (SOS) feature as well as MyInfo (Send to Car), Remote Services such as Remote Door Unlock and the My BMW Remote app, Stolen Vehicle Recovery, TeleService, Concierge and all other services which are available under the BMW Assist Safety and Convenience Plans.

3. My original contract for BMW Assist services goes beyond 2016. How will this affect me?
a. If your original contract (i.e., BMW-paid) ends later than Dec. 31, 2016, you will receive additional information from BMW.

4. Can a customer upgrade their vehicle to newer technology that would support BMW Assist?
a. Currently, we do not have a retrofit option in order to upgrade earlier hardware to newer hardware so that BMW Assist can still be supported. However, we are working on a technical upgrade. For further details, please contact your dealer in the second half of 2016.

5. Why is this discontinuation in BMW Assist renewals only occurring now?
a. Because the BMW Assist Safety Plan and Convenience Plan are available as a one-year renewal, this change is being made to ensure that Safety and Convenience Plan renewals are only sold within the timeframe that they can be supported.

6. When will the services stop working?
a. By January 1, 2017, the services of the BMW Assist Safety Plan and Convenience Plan will no longer be available.

========
Another update from BMW outlining BMW Assist and CPO vehicle sales. CPO sales for MY2013 and MY2014 X6 models made after January 1 2016 will no longer automatically receive an addition 2 years of BMW Assist services.

Quote:
As a follow-up to the previous messages regarding BMW Assist Renewals, please note:

• CPO vehicles will no longer receive any additional BMW Assist subscriptions beyond the original term offered, e.g., extending 2 years of services on top of the original 4 years of BMW Assist will no longer be in effect

• This change is effective in conjunction with the discontinuation of BMW Assist Renewal, as of January 1, 2016

Therefore, for CPO vehicles with the Safety Plan and Convenience Plan offerings (MY2013 and earlier and MY2014 X6):

• For CPO Sales Dec. 31, 2015 and earlier: The BMW Assist contract duration for CPO vehicles is available for up to 6 years from the original in-service date

• For CPO Sales Jan. 1, 2016 and later: The BMW Assist contract duration for CPO vehicles will be a maximum of 4 years from the in-service date

Last edited by Dracon; 02-04-2016 at 08:14 AM..
Appreciate 0