NEFARIOUS
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 330xi (TRADED IN)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmette View Post
Hey, I donated to that fund and had tons of sympathy. But now I think that Nef may have an issue with his attitude at work which is causing his employers to let him go. I also warned him recently about bitching about his boss on the internet while he's not anonymous.
Glad to see that despite me debunking it in another thread, you still use those tidbits against me. Since my biggest pet peeve is to be misunderstood and being falsely accused of stuff, you KNOW I need to run it down.

1. I wasn't the only one laid off; 2 other people were let go.

2. I was still within probationary period, so I was the easiest target.

3. If I was fired for misconduct, my FML post would've been "shit man, the boss pissed me off, I just let her have it and got fired. FML". I'm not afraid to admit I got fired if I did get fired.

4. This isn't a permanent layoff; since the company worships the almighty "made in China" culture like every other cheap company, they rely on imports. However, there were 2 strikes at the docks. First the dock workers, and now the port truck drivers just a matter of days ago. Most of their inventory is sold out, and the few things that are left is running rather slowly, and since the person doing inventory (who should be fired but 2 coworkers and I are actually are surprised he's still around) didn't do a great job, the company is getting tons of chargebacks, so they're operating at a loss; Walmart alone just charged $3,000+ on the last statement (and guess who had to file a dispute claim?). So with that, actually to say layoff is a bit of a misnomer; I swear on my life that they actually still have some graphic projects that they wanted me telecommute on in the mean time, and if this whole strike thing blows over and they still have a position in the month, they'll hire me again... Not words that you hear from someone who thinks "I have an attitude problem" or "bitching about his boss on the internet", right?

Now to sound like a broken record:

5. My desk is behind the boss' computer (see below), so I may have been GULLIBLE last year, but I'm not a COMPLETE RETARD to do anything within their line of sight, so I never DARED to slacked off through the company computer; maybe ducking out on my phone during lunch break or when I need to use the restroom at the most.

6. Now, if I was working at a major company with state-of-the-art infrastructure I'd have something to worry about. However, they are completely computer illiterate (their Wi-Fi had no password, and 8/12 computers had no A/V, and of course, all 8 were infected when I came onboard), they think social media is the devil with "pedophiles, thugs and rapists" even after we had an SEO expert debunk everything and try to ramp up traffic, they would still never log onto any social media, so even our company FB and Twitter pages are standing still.

7. I have NEVER, EVER logged onto Bimmerpost during work hours, even though I have a Bluetooth issue that is creating a bitch of an itch on my left asscheek, and I don't use Nefarious as a screen name anywhere else, only on car forums. This was the only place I have talked about my work; I never even posted anything about the work on Facebook or any other social media site I frequent since I have a project on the side and it would actually work out to my disadvantage if I told people/prospective clients I have a job or post about stuff at work.

8. Interestingly, even though the place gives me cancer figuratively with a boss that likes to yell about EVERYTHING to everyone, or her husband that has a "stereotypical engineer mindset" and likes to over-complicate even the simplest of things... But also literally with a warehouse full of formaldehyde-treated furniture, I still make the best of it in person and I get along with everyone great, and in actuality, she doesn't even yell at me that much compared to others (lol).

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtron View Post
the world is just out to get some people.

or so they think.

i'm sorry but you're so good at your job that they let you go? do you really believe that?
Well, they had a goal of something taking multiple weeks, it took me one week to finish, not to mention with 2 strikes in a row as mentioned above, things have been SUPER slow for people who are used to processing 300-400 orders per day when now we only do 45 at the most. So, most of us are left picking their asses or getting off work early, since there genuinely isn't anything left to do anymore.
Attached Images

::THE MACHETE::

Last edited by NEFARIOUS; 05-15-2015 at 03:42 PM.. Reason: habit = have it*
Appreciate 0