View Single Post
      01-06-2015, 09:25 PM   #3
AusF20/F48
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: F20 125i MS, F48 XD25i

Without knowing what this product is chemically, it can be a bit risky to use some polymer based products on other material.
'Ceramic' is a widely used term in a lot of industries lately.
It is usually used to describe a harder material to that of the norm.
'Nano' is another catch word being used for everything from ground particles to just smaller than normal.
Most 'ceramics' use silica materials (inorganic, non-metallic, often crystalline oxides, nitrides or a carbide material).
Some other elements, such as carbon or silicon, may also be considered ceramics.
Ceramic materials are hard in compression, weak in shearing and tension, so they are usually encompassed in a binding (gluing) material such as polymer (short or long chain) in either fluid or chemically rigid depending on the application.
My concern is that these type of products have to be used on virgin surfaces with very specific processes to have the correct adhesion and you may not be able to use other products on them after.
If you have, or indeed your dealer has already used a polish or wax on the paint it may not take or react with the coating.
There are a lot of good Car products that are proven on the market that give a high degree of scratch protection and gloss.
No coating will protect against forced scratches or those car park 'door opening' or shopping trolley bandits that like to ding your panels.
I would wait and see if there are any real studies done by an independent authority first.

Last edited by AusF20/F48; 01-07-2015 at 09:48 PM..
Appreciate 0