07-03-2012, 02:09 PM   #20
ilikebmxbikes
Banned
Rep
Drives: S65 1M Clone & E92 M3 4.6L

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amnizu View Post
I think the easily obtainable big HP days will soon be a thing of the past. It is fairly amazing when you think about how easy it is to get the n54 engine north of 400 WHP and have the power delivery and behavior of the car still be a comfortable and predictable daily driver.

You can squeeze that type of performance out of a turbo charged 4 cylinder, it just requires bigger turbos which leads to more lag and running out of revs. Maybe BMW will do a dual stage turbo setup to deal with this and still allow for 350+ WHP. We'll have to see, either way I'll be holding on to my 1M for a while.
absolutely. You can tune a 4 cylinder to 350-400HP. You can make some monsters out Sti's and Evo's but they really do require a lot more upgrades and do have trade offs that we don't with N54's. The type of power that you can easily and reliable get out of an N54 with some simple bolt ons and a tune is amazing. My friends comparable tuned sti/evo's required a lot more work and upgrades to get near where my 135i is.

I am only considering a m2 because the 1m is so limited. if i can get a used 1m around the time the m2 comes out, I may have to pending the m2 stats.
Appreciate 0