View Single Post
      06-04-2011, 10:19 AM   #345
v1p3r
Second Lieutenant
South Africa
Rep
Drives: 2014 F30 320d M-Sport EBII

What everyone mentioning the Polo seems to miss is, the 1er had the single frame rounded square tailight first, BMW had rear LED light bars first, so the POLO copied BMW's design, not the other way around. I said this when the Polo was first shown.

Either way, the car is not half as bad as people are making it out to be. It smoothes out all the strange lines of the E87 (line along the bottom of the doors, headlight droop etc) and adds up to date BMW lighting features - eyebrows, clear lenses and 3D light elements.

The wider flowing rear arch is muscular and the pushing nose is aggressive. No way can everyone tell what this car looks like "in real life" because no one has seen it in real life. Just as the 5 series looks "soft" in pictures and gives you an erection in real life.

Every time I look at the pictures I like it more & I can see how black, white and silver are going to be the most popular colours, to contrast with the bumper and mirror trim or tone in the matte chrome on the blue model here.

If I were forced to mention a possible improvement I'd say a wider kidney grille, and that's it (but I'm sure that will appear on the LCI model)

With the right wheel (and later deep M-Sport bumpers & sideskirts) this car will be quite the looker

I like it

Last edited by v1p3r; 06-04-2011 at 10:25 AM..
Appreciate 0