12-22-2012, 07:22 AM   #21
jhbodle
Captain
Rep
Drives: F90 M5

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolz View Post
Finally checked this out, been forgetting it all the time! And I have it aswell, yay so I guess all models all engines got it? any urban-liners out there that can check their cars aswell?

So my findings are this:
# at comfort or sport-mode revlimit is 2500rpm (didn't check eco-pro-mode, not very interesting for launch control)
# at sport+ revlimit is 4000rpm (and this is not max-rev-safety-limit. It revs 4500rpm and beyond when running in gear)

at the moment there is alot of snow and ice here, at best I can find some wet tarmac but I'm on winterwheels not made for dragrace really (doh) so testing doesn't make sens right now, I'll have to wait for spring.

Anyways, Rickk, you for example did some proper testing under the right conditions? please tell me more! what drive-setting were you in?

I guess the revlimit you get in comfort and sport-mode are the best for a good launch (2500rpm in my case for diesel), BUT in those modes the anti-spin is super-sensitive so I guess that could ruin the perfect acceleration?
On the other hand you could launch in sport+mode which will allow some wheelspin but in this mode the rev-limit is 4000rpm in my case, which is way too much and will result in wheel-spin-bonanza. What's your experience regarding this?

I'm surprised there has not been any hype around this?! I haven't heard a word about this anywhere until now, not on forums, reviews, official info-material etc. I mean this feature is a million times more noteworthy than alot of other stuff that does get attention?!

I thought launch control was exclusive to super sport cars pretty much?! Or did I miss something? or is it the fact that everyone is driving the auto gearbox that doesn't have this feauture, hence no attention to this? I'm confused
Wow, I guess my theory was wrong then. This is very exciting news! I must try this out...