04-25-2018, 09:21 AM   #83
davidcapi
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 120i M

Quote:
Originally Posted by No one View Post
There are usually 2 woofers as well.

Firstly, you should've noticed the factory HK price for the 2 Series (which is pretty much the same as the 1 Series minding the body) instead (the price is exactly the same though). Secondly, you don't buy it in the US anyway so why worry?

Consider your options. If you can't afford Harman Kardon consider the factory Hi-Fi option (no tweeters there!) or proceed to the Alpine retrofit (choose your car there) this thread is about. Enquire the dealer. Consider importing from the US (this is an obsolete one, it won't fit your new car but notice the price) or elsewhere and labour price (unless you wish to do it yourself). Decide.

Of course there are different non-OEM retrofit solutions as well.
Thanks for the info. I can afford the HK set, what I can't afford is getting screwed unknowingly. When I realized my local dealer wanted $1000 more than what the US market asks for the X2 HK option I needed to find a perfectly good, logical reason for that.

I'm trying to avoid anything retrofitted aftermarket, I live in a really small latinamerican country, anyone willing to charge for a job like that will not be qualified and his perception of work well done will be subpar.

They don't have the Hi-Fi option so it's either factory default speakers or the 2k upgrade for HK. Now that I see this Alpine set go for $1000 I'm thinking it might not be that bad.

In Costa Rica we pay around 50% more in taxes for any brand new car. This 120i, no extras, M package is $40.000!
Appreciate 0