View Single Post
      09-23-2011, 09:30 PM   #62
RPM90
Major General
Rep
Drives: 340i M-sport AT

Quote:
Originally Posted by AW128i View Post
I think the sedans/wagons/hatchbacks have always had framed windows. Why do you hate the frameless windows so much?
Every car I've had with frame-less windows, 135i included, have had the dirtiest side windows.
It's like the windows hold more water and dirt than windows with frames.

Plus, for some reason rain and washer fluid don't fun into a proper rain gutter, but run down the window and down into the door.
Then it puts dirty streaks on the windows even when it seems the windows are dry. Too much water and dirt seems to get in there and the windows never seem to stay clean. I don't like the design.

In areas where there is little rain this may not seem to be an issue, but around here we get plenty of precep and it sucks.
The 135i has the WORST rain gutter I've ever experienced.
With the window down or partially down, you get rained on whether it's from rain or from just washer spray.
Instead of running the spray up and into a rain channel, and back away from the window, the water just rolls onto the window and if the window is open, it pours right into the car and onto your arm or right straight onto the window switches. Awful awful bad design.
It's my biggest peeve and disappointment with this car.

It seems petty, but really it just ticks me off every time it rains or if I use the washers. Dirty windows, and rain rolling into the car.
How can that be good?

If they keep the frame-less thing fine, but FIX the damn rain gutter so water doesn't run onto the window and/or me and the switches.

Long commentary about something seemingly trivial, but it's such a bad design.
Appreciate 0