Rep
Drives: 2013 M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Levi View Post
Renault-Nissan

http://ecomento.com/2014/05/27/top-5...ars-in-the-us/

http://www.fleetnews.co.uk/news/2014...vehicle/54170/

What do you mean by "League"? Sure nobody sells any large expensive electric sedan. It is also is not the point, as it is a niche, if EV is the future also less riche should be able to drive EV. Lexus has a faster and better car than BMW, but what is the point if most can't afford it, unlike M4?
By league I mean performance, build quality, desirability, etc. The Leaf, Volt, and Prius (plugin version) are all great cars, but they're not in the same league as the Tesla Model S, much in the way that a Civic, Mazda 3, and Cruze are not in the same league as a BMW 550i.

Whether or not it is a niche has nothing to do with whether it is innovative. I'm just responding to something you said:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levi View Post
I just don't see what innovation has Tesla brought. That they started selling highly expensive so called luxury electric sedans highly subsidised? They even ripped off Maserati and Aston Martin design. Tesla is just as innovative as iPhone 6.
Maybe you meant something different. The definition of innovation is literally "to innovate". The definition of innovate is: make changes in something established, especially by introducing new methods, ideas, or products.

Tesla is doing that. No one else builds an EV that is anywhere close to the Model S in specification or performance. I'm sure someone will eventually, but right now, they're an innovator. Nissan-Renault are/were innovators as well, but for different reasons. There can be many innovators in a market.

You can either concede the point, or you can keep circling around the facts and change your argument, but you cannot continue to say that Tesla hasn't innovated in light of the car the produce and the fervor with which the market has adopted it.
Past: 2010 135i - TiAg Coral Red 6MT ///M-Sport
Appreciate 0