View Single Post
      02-18-2020, 04:25 PM   #9
No one
Major
Rep
Drives: F21 118i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goc187 View Post
That is recommended setup for winter, but why they didn`t wrote that this setup is recommended also for summer setup, that is my confusion
Because they don't recommend it for summer!

The winter setup is (obviously?) the summer one adjusted for the winter when narrower tyres are considered mostly an advantage (to dig through the snow/ice for traction), with DTC (see the manual, page 99) in mind, obviously.

In summer they probably mind oversteering (see those stupid RWD turn exit crashes videos) but those who are confident appear to favour some agility instead, going for the "square" setup. ovekvam has shared plenty on that around here (besides the answer just above).

Just by the way, if the nature of your concern is not really curiosity but safety , it's all right to have the "square" winter size setup in summer. As it has been noticed already, BMW did not always offer wider rears from the factory for this car. I have those only due to the M-Sport package I chose, it would've been same size wheels all around otherwise.

Last edited by No one; 02-18-2020 at 06:02 PM.. Reason: Another consideration added.
Appreciate 0