10-19-2013, 11:12 AM   #10
ovekvam
Brigadier General
Norway
Rep
Drives: 2021 Galvanic Gold i3S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anodite10 View Post
I can imagine why EVs are so popular in Norway. From what I've seen, the prices of cars are insane, easily in the top 5 of the most expensive cars in the world. I really can't believe that the i3 is priced so well and has such great benefits! I would certainly get one if I'd live there .. Have you thought about getting one?
Yes, I did consider it, and came to "not".
Pretty much all my daily transport to work, the gym and shops can be done by bicycle. We use the car mostly for holidays and to visit friends and family. I also use the car for recreational driving on tracks, both summer and winter. All in all, an electric car does not fit into this pattern. It is however very well suited for those who have a long commute to work, particularly by ferry or toll roads. Some of my colleagues have electric cars.

Due to the extreme incentives, Norway has become pretty much the most important market for electric cars in Europe. The reason is that we used to have factories making electric cars here, and the government wanted to protect them. It failed, but the incentives are still there, at least until 2017.
Appreciate 0