View Single Post
      03-09-2014, 07:29 PM   #56
MeganeTrophyGuy
Private
Rep
Drives: M135i & Cayenne V6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovekvam View Post
It is definitely possible to spin out of control with AWD cars as well when aquaplaning is involved. The car will typically lose all grip for a moment, and then get the grip back. What happens depends mostly on what the driver has done at that point. If you have the front wheels pointed in the direction of travel and no wildly spinning wheels, it will typically be possible to regain control. In these situations, it is helpful to have a clutch pedal and good reflexes.

The best drivers will anticipate the danger and slow down before it happens.
Totally agree and that is how I drove my M3 and Alpina B3S. I drive more carefully when there is a lot of water on the road in high powered RWD cars and assumed that would be the case with the M135…

Its just that all the talk of accidents and sandbags in the trunk got me a bit worried. My impression from a few test drives (the longest was about 3 hours) is that except for the lack of a mechanical diff, the car is (1) nothing short of a phenomenal value for the money, (2) in many ways better than my Megane Trophy (3) one of the best cars that has come out of Munich in the past 20 years and (4) a sign of good things to come…

Last edited by MeganeTrophyGuy; 03-10-2014 at 01:17 AM..
Appreciate 0