XavVD
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 125i M Sport (soon)

Quote:
Originally Posted by APchew
Quote:
Originally Posted by XavVD View Post
Was afraid of standard brakes lacking power and endurance as it used to be with BMW with their strategy to fit only floating calipers. M sport brakes are provided with fix calipers. I do not regret my choice. These M sport brakes are fantastic. I had just some difficulty to find correct wheel size for my winter tires (was not ok to pay what BMW is asking for a winter tyre set).
My 125i is not modestly powered by the way
Agree. Same here too. I am running on 18' aftermarket rims (BBS) but cannot fit the M perf brakes. Need to upgrade to 19' rims. Thus trying to ask around and explore my options further.
Problem was not really the diameter as I managed to go for 17" with m sport brake but more the offset. With ET45 I had interference with back of spoke. I had to clear by using ET40.
Have a look to rim brand AEZ (I have got the Sydney Dark but for you Antigua is perhaps better), these rims are specifically designed for BMW and with different offset possibilities. All possible rim/model combination are TUV certified. They are made in Germany.
Appreciate 0