View Single Post
      01-17-2013, 01:07 PM   #99
Blaggy
England
Rep
Drives: F20 116ED Sparkling Bronze

I called my dealer today to book in my wifes and my car for other faults that need rectifying on our F20's today and asked what was happening about our rusty seat bases? "I don't know was the answer" so as a premium car buyer I asked them to please contact Germany before I write an official complaint to them!
That seem to put the Cat amongst the Pigeons as I then had no less than 4 phone calls from Dealer management apologising for not keeping me informed and updating me as they got more information.
What they are saying is that in early February 2013 a repair kit will be available for prematurely corroded components, I quizzed this and I think I was told a bit to much information, they said that it was for seat components, door locks, some internal panels and other parts that are corroded on production of F20 from Oct 2011 to Oct 2012 which includes F30 models as well! That must be a few hundred thousand vehicles to repair!

Amazing what info you can get out of the right people, lets see what happens next!
Appreciate 0