Thread: Tire pressures
View Single Post
      08-06-2012, 03:00 AM   #11
AusF20/F48
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: F20 125i MS, F48 XD25i

35psi works well for most driving conditions, however if you want good life out of your low profile tyres keep them a bit higher (38 psi) as this allows the sides to ride more upright and saves the outer tread as it prevents edge roll better.

Most new LP tyre's have even lower ratio (width to hight) now, so ride will be effected.

If you are running 'run flat' they do benifit from a bulb wall design so the pressure needs to keep the flat section of tread flat on the road.

You often see LP tyres being replaced at low k's with good rubber in the centre but worn away at both edges, a lot of people blame this on soft compounds or hard cornering. Sometimes that is true, but mostly it is caused from under inflation.

We drive cars with dymanic suspension with LP tyres these days, so the trade off is road comfort. The 1er M Sport rides better than a lot of others I have driven
Most tyre fitters will have the correct tyre (tire) pressure value chart for the model of tyre fitted to your wheel and car's weight. Check with your local guy
Appreciate 0