View Single Post
      02-22-2013, 02:51 PM   #40
HasanK
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by omohat View Post
Was this because you asked for production to be delayed for the new iDrive or just because production was backlogged? I was hoping to get mine before the end of summer but now I'm not so sure.
When I placed the deposit at the end of September, they were aiming for December delivery, but then they told me that they had no quota for the car so I had to wait. They gave me the option of February or March production, and at that point I chose March for the new iDrive.

Quote:
It's a scary way of ordering a car. The price they've told me is the upper limit and it's a bit eye watering. Plus this is the first car I've ordered without a test drive to add to the feeling of riskiness.
I'm in the same boat as you on this, but from the reviews that I have read, written by people who's opinion I regard highly, along with the performance figures and the reviews of the people here on the forum, I don't think either of us has anything to worry about.

Quote:
Mine will be the first one in the country as well and like you the dealer had no idea it existed. It took me four months to find a sales person who was willing to order one for me.
Same here. I was dealing with a regular sales person originally, I kept following with him when they were going to release a price/open a spot for a month. Then my brother had a speak with the manager in the showroom by chance, the next day I gave him a call and within an hour I had a rough price range. From now on, I won't deal with sales people, the manager is where the business is at.