View Single Post
      11-11-2012, 05:18 PM   #10
ozinaldo
Brigadier General
Portugal
Rep
Drives: 1M

Just finished reading my e-copy of EVO, impressed with M135i doing really well there finishing sixth among 10 very good cars, in fact doing better than F10 M5 which couldn't make it among the finalists in 2011 or a M6 which was not even selected for competition this year.

A detail, EVO says they wanted Ferrari 458 Spider and Bugatti Veyron Grand Vitess join the ECOTY both possible winners but at the last minute Bugatti simply sold the two cars allocated for the test and Ferrari just couldn't provide enough cars despite previous committment. So, I am suspecting the podium could be slightly different in case they would be there. They will make a separate comparison between Huayra and Grand Vitesse.

1M was third at last year's ECOTY, only a few points behind McLaren MP4-12C and the winner Porsche 911 4.0 GT3 RS, and ahead of cars like Lotus Elise CR, Porsche Cayman R, Lamborghini Aventador, Ferrari FF, BMW M5 etc. This year a M135i is doing so good against giants to the point that they call it "the giant slayer". My favourite part; read where they chase a Huayra with the M135i. Little complaints were its controversial looks, lack of lsd and lack of steering feel but everything else was obviously so good...especially so considering its incredible price. I felt that they liked most and were surprised with the 8 speed auto among many merits of the car.

All good news for a future M2 as well and BMW seems to nail it at least with its smaller cars which is very much fine with me

I also like the fact that finally a 911 was not selected by EVO as the winner, the new 911 couldn't even make the podium, like the very British McLaren. This year's results seem to me much more balanced than most years' and fully agree with their hierarchy from what I read about all these cars till now.
BMW 1M-SOLD-: TECH: Evolve Race+N55mids, Evolve IC, Michelin PSS, ER cp, aFe filter, CDVx, Vorshlag camber plates, BMS OCC EXTERIOR: trunk spoiler, blacklines, black grills, IND goodies INTERIOR: Alcantara steering wheel, steel pedals, custom mats, MPower e-brake.

Last edited by ozinaldo; 11-11-2012 at 05:24 PM..
Appreciate 0