View Single Post
      03-12-2012, 06:37 PM   #6
eezzee
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F20

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodyMMIX
Hi, sorry I know there are lots of posts similar to this one but I just can't find the answer I need...

I have (ordered) a new BMW 116d Sport. This comes with the BMW Professional stereo (663) and includes Bluetooth handsfree telephone connection (6NH)

In the armrest there is a USB socket and a 3.5mm jack socket. If I am right, I need to buy a Y piece connector (iPod connector into 3.5mm jack plug and USB connector) to plug my iPhone 4 into the car to play music. Is this correct?

But.....

Am I better buying the Audio Accessory 'Snap in" cradle for connecting my iPhone?

What does the cradle do?

Will the cradle fit my car or do I need to have a particular option?

I am so confused. All i want to do is find the best fit for my iphone to allow Bluetooth calls and play music via the car stereo and steering wheel controls.

Any help appreciated!

Thanks.
You are indeed right, all you need is the BMW y cable to plug in your iPhone, charge it, and pair with the car through Bluetooth. Can also listen to music etc. contained on the phone. It's the set up I have in mine.

Can't speak about the other phone related options, e.g. 6NF adaptor, not sure what it offers other than album cover art to be displayed on the screen and additional voice control features.
Appreciate 0