View Single Post
      11-09-2017, 02:43 AM   #9
ovekvam
Brigadier General
Norway
Rep
Drives: 2021 Galvanic Gold i3S

The thing is that the strut clearance will change when you install the KW struts, and the width of two diffferent tyre models with the same size printed on the sidewalls, can have significantly different width. This makes it very difficult to say if it will fit or not, as you are pushing the margins a bit here.

The stock setup of the car leaves some room to the wheel arches, so unless you need to increase the track width, I don't think your new tyre sizes will raise legal issues. I think it all comes down to the spacers.

Another issue is if 5 mm spacers will be hubcentric. Very thin spacers are fine, as the wheels will still be centered on the hub. Going thicker means the wheel will not be centered on the hub of the car, and needs a centering lip on the spacer itself. This is not possible to make unless the spacer is rather thick. I suspect you could end up in the non centering range in between.

Maybe the best way would be to buy the wheels/tyres first, and find some local supplier for spacers, where you can test different sizes for fitment.
Appreciate 0