View Single Post
      11-09-2017, 01:50 AM   #7
d0ctorj3kyll
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2019 F82 M4 Comp

Oh okay didn't realise M Performance brakes were any different, though having done a quick search they seem to still be 4-pot/2-pot Brembos just with different coloured calipers and different rotors?

I assume there would be some other differences but if I'm going to upgrade I don't see much point in going from 4/2 M Sport Brembos to another set of 4/2 Brembos with the M Performance. I'd want to step up to 6/4.

Looks are definitely a factor in wheels too! I'd love a set of BMW 359Ms but I don't think I could get them to fit the car. And they'd be far too pricey haha! The APEX ARC-8 is well reviewed and looks very similar, while also being somewhat lighter than 359Ms. The factory alloys are fine as well, much better on the LCI2 than the LCI, though not totally to my taste.

The car will be my daily driver, but I also plan to track it as regularly as the budget allows. I've had the idea of a square set recommended to me before, but I'm pretty set on wanting a wider rear set than stock so getting the car to a square set even on 255s (up from 245 rear) might be too limiting to steering lock on the front and I don't want to compromise that. A staggered set seems like the best option for what I am hoping to achieve.

APEX wheels customer service have recommended not going wider than 235 (up from 225) at the front so that would hopefully help the understeer somewhat. When I do the suspension I'll be doing anti-sway bars too so that will help too. Will investigate the M4 control arms as well. Not planning on drag racing, just want the wider tyres to put the power down better.

I won't be doing the wheels/tyres/brakes/suspension for a while anyhow so I will see how it all goes stock before committing to any further upgrades than I have already ordered.

Totally understand where you're coming from with liking the stock look too! I guess I just like to be a bit more unique (just like everybody else, eh! Haha!) and make the car my own. I'm sure the stock brakes would be entirely adequate for what I plan to use the car for, but why be adequate when you can be excessive? :P
Appreciate 0