View Single Post
      02-20-2018, 06:27 PM   #10
No one
Major
Rep
Drives: F21 118i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovekvam View Post
And if they had chosen M-Sport, it would have had a knee bolster instead of the hard surface that was complained about in the review.
As a base model? I'd suggest they go M140i then. What they have looks clearly a Sport Line. It always had the knee pad too and it still does in LCI:

It's just some want more and we know where to look then. The same about rear air vents it "does not have". Of course it does: convenient to hide a screwdriver in. It's just those vents are for refreshing your sweaty feet. To get those for under your skirt it takes "Automatic air conditioning S534A" option (the advanced dual-zone one, the basic in the video is automatic too) a base model appears to miss badly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmer456 View Post
We never got it in the US so it's a new car to us. Wonder how much it costs to import one?
A lot more than just to drive one in from Mexico: it's not road legal in US. It has been discussed around (in the sticky threads at the top perhaps) and right here in a neighbour thread (moved from BIMMERPOST Universal Forums) in particular: Surely I am not the only one - M140i Hatchback. Notice that by US standards 118i has no engine at all: BMW offers only mid to high engines there. A base US BMW model is advanced around the world.
Appreciate 0