08-02-2017, 10:14 AM   #49
JohnnyCanuck
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 Audi RS3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW F22 View Post
100% agreed. I've found that while it's good to do research on the company beforehand, 99% of the times they don't ask about what you know about the company (like mission statement, core values, market cap, etc.). So sometimes I'd do the minimum of research and wrote down just a few lines of info and went in to wing it. Those were the best interviews. One of them offered me the role the sams day. I think people tend to worry and stress out about interviews so much they forget the most important thing: letting your personality shine.
I learned a long time ago that I actually do better underprepared in some ways. Especially with behavioural interviewing (which I personally think is a sham but it's the tool of choice for so many employers these days). I found that when I put a lot of thought into preparing examples, I would answer questions from my prepared examples instead of letting the question lead me to a better one I hadn't thought of. When I go in knowing about the job and not preparing specific examples, I invariably land on the right one by instinct.
Appreciate 1
obert1781.00