View Single Post
      02-22-2013, 02:40 PM   #39
omohat
Rep
Drives: BMW M135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by HasanK View Post
I'm happy for you that you actually got the 3-door. I gave up and opted to go for the 5 door since it's more practical (albeit without the frameless doors ). All in all, I don't think I'll be disappointed when it arrives, I more than made up for my disappointment with the options list!
Sorry - should have been clearer. I went for the 5 door since I've got a small kid and it's definitely easier loading her into a 5 door than 3 door (like my current Scirocco). Didn't even ask about the 3 door.

Quote:
Well I've been in the process of ordering one since September 24th and only given a confirmation date for production last week (March 11 production week).
Was this because you asked for production to be delayed for the new iDrive or just because production was backlogged? I was hoping to get mine before the end of summer but now I'm not so sure.

Quote:
As for the price, they told me the same thing, the final price will depend on the exchange rate at delivery. That's quite standard when they're ordering a car for you.
It's a scary way of ordering a car. The price they've told me is the upper limit and it's a bit eye watering. Plus this is the first car I've ordered without a test drive to add to the feeling of riskiness.

Quote:
My M135i will be the first one, therefore there is no standard that the dealer has, and even more, they didn't know the car existed until I asked them about it.
Mine will be the first one in the country as well and like you the dealer had no idea it existed. It took me four months to find a sales person who was willing to order one for me.
Appreciate 0