View Single Post
      08-10-2012, 04:36 PM   #8
SpokenHands
Certified Car Nut
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: AMG GTC + RR Velar + 640d GC

Garage List
Thank you all for your generous comments.

I think the Urban Line grilles would look great on both Alpine White and Mineral White cars. Has got several compliments: from the folks at the dealership who hadn't seen it before to neighbours and friends. Thanks to Manteroo who showed me that it could be done and looked great.

It's not expensive to mod: £67 in parts and most dealers should swap it FOC if you go via your sales guy. DIY guides on here as well.

Can I also say how absolutely fab Mineral White is! Very hard to photograph properly without looking like AW, I think the 3rd and 4th pictures in my set begin to get there - but in the sunlight, it just has the most understated metallic lift that is great. Wife loves it! The best album I have seen comes from iShoot here

Day 2 and we have only 30 miles on the odo, but already finding myself in the lovely car more often than I ever was in our just-retired E87. Love the ride, acceleration, much improved interiors and space. The car is bigger, wider, has a more premium presence and well built feel to it.

Wish I had specked the sun protection package which at £250 is on par or cheaper than aftermarket fitment. Not very impressed with the ambient lighting at all and would have preferred going for the extended lighting as I am used to it from my F07 and retired F13.

Last edited by SpokenHands; 08-10-2012 at 05:28 PM..
Appreciate 0