View Single Post
      03-22-2017, 12:22 PM   #31
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

My crystal ball says everything is going AWD eventually except possibly small city cars. However, this probably happens in the post-ICE, multi-emotor era so we have some time yet. I would not count out a move to UKL (or a FWD platform to succeed it, yet to arrive) for the 2 Series passenger car lineup before that time though. If that happens, the M model will go AWD then by necessity.

Two door SUVs are also not happening anymore (except the Wrangler at least for a little longer, and the rare convertible luxury SUV here or there). Even two-door passenger car sales (I mean those with four seats - two seaters are on a slightly different trajectory) are in slow but sure decline. Four door coupes and five-door coupe-like hatchbacks are to the next generation of buyer what coupes are to today's generation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kozzi View Post
I agree that we will never see an M2/M2GC XDrive. That being said, I'll go out on a limb and say that the M4 will also remain as RWD only and that the M3 will be offered with/or only XDrive, along with the M5 on up all being XDrive only. This would be the direction I see things going as the 3er and 4er evolve more along their separate ways. I hope they will eventually bring the 4GC over as a 3GC and keep the 4ers 2 doors only.

A X1M/X2M would be killer indeed. I could see down the road, an X2M 2 door coupe with rear-wheel bias XDrive. That thing would be a big city dwelling beast. In the meantime, I'll have to make due with an X3M.
Appreciate 1
kozzi927.00