Pygocentrus Piraya
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW X3MC

Garage List
2021 BMW X3MC  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmboone25 View Post
I absolutely agree - the X2M would be a nice alternative for those who want a smaller M car with AWD - I know folks have talked about that coming to the M5 and eventually M3/4, but I can't imagine you'd see an AWD M2 ever.

I also like the overall proportions of the X1 - you smooth out the roofline, give it some nice wide tires, an aggressive stance and front fascia, man that thing could be killer.

It wouldn't look as "good" as an M2GC would look, but it would fill that gap for a lot of people wanting a smallish M car with a bit of utility. I would definitely be interested.
I agree that we will never see an M2/M2GC XDrive. That being said, I'll go out on a limb and say that the M4 will also remain as RWD only and that the M3 will be offered with/or only XDrive, along with the M5 on up all being XDrive only. This would be the direction I see things going as the 3er and 4er evolve more along their separate ways. I hope they will eventually bring the 4GC over as a 3GC and keep the 4ers 2 doors only.

A X1M/X2M would be killer indeed. I could see down the road, an X2M 2 door coupe with rear-wheel bias XDrive. That thing would be a big city dwelling beast. In the meantime, I'll have to make due with an X3M.

2021 BMW X3MC
Donington Grey Metallic / Sakhir Orange & Black Extended Merino Leather / Aluminum Carbon Structure
Appreciate 1
dmboone254972.00