01-23-2013, 02:57 AM   #11
wolz
Second Lieutenant
Sweden
Rep
Drives: bmw F20 120d

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovekvam View Post
My 318iS also had an LSD. I haven't got stuck with the F20 yet, but I haven't really been out in very slippery conditions either. I guess you are running runflat tires? I'm not! :-)

The Aygo has pretty good traction, since it it is lightweight FWD with most of its weight on the front tires.
Yup runflats, but when I got stuck I don't think it would make any difference, rft or not.

Indeed and the aygo also got very narrow tyre-width, like train-wheels cutting through the mod.

hmm.. regarding proper differential. I don't know if it was just a dream or if someone told me or where I get this from but didn't bmw give you the possibility to tick LSD as on extra option when ordering a car back in the days, like 20 years ago? at least on some cars/engines?

wether they did or did not provide that option, I think they should do that. Gotta be a market for it? I mean every enthusiast driver out there would tick that option and having it installed in the build-process should mean the extra cost could be reasonable.

but I guess that in a time where the majority of the bmw customers are clueless and even think they drive fwd (which they will in fact do soon), there is not much hope for us enthusiats
Appreciate 0