View Single Post
      03-07-2024, 03:53 PM   #1
SebasJ
Registered 1
Italy
Rep
Drives: BMW 114d

Hi,

A few months ago, I noticed a metallic sound coming from the engine between 1400 and 2100 rpm, which has worsened over time. I had mechanics listen to it and claiming the engine sounded normal because i could reproduce the sound. Thinking that it could the engine lacking air from a clogged intake I cleaned the intake manifold, intake valves, replaced gaskets, cleaned the MAF sensor, and reset MAF, increment wheel, zero quantity, swirl-flap actuator adaptations (my car has 174100 km so it needed the cleaning anyways). While this improved the performance of the engine and temporary silenced the sound for a week, it has since returned.

I suspect it might be related to engine or transmission mounts that vibrates and creates that rattle. Could this be the issue, or should I be concerned about something more serious?

Thank you for any help.

PS: my car is a BMW 114d from 2018 with a B37 engine and 174100 km more or less

I forgot to mention that ista isn’t showing any codes while bimmerlink yes but nothing on DDE.

Here’s a link to a video and an audio recording of the rattle: https://we.tl/t-LDnXdP0KxZ
Appreciate 0