View Single Post
      10-17-2012, 06:42 AM   #22
OzBMW84
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: 340i M Sport Limited Edition

I sat down with our MB dealer today and completely specced out an A250 Sport AMG:

A250 Sport AMG
- Vision Package
- AMG Exclusive Package
- Driver Assistance Package
- Command Package

All up it came to $64,000 Drive Away. The packages represent fantastic value compared to the 'tick every option' approach on the BMW 125is and the car is completely loaded with features far in excess of even a 70K 125i. I signed on the dotted line and got the vehicle for $62,500. I'm expecting delivery in early March. I'll drive the vehicle well before then I'm sure, and if it's not what I want, I doubt I'll have trouble getting the car allocated to someone else.

I didn't push further with the BMW, because all up the car I wanted was coming in at around 73K. This was less fully featured than the A250, and I doubt they were going to knock 7k off the price. I still love the vehicle, the Estoril Blue with the M-Pack looks brilliant, and the drive is lovely. If the A doesn't work out I'll revisit the 1-series. Hopefully by then BMW sorts themselves out and come back down to earth with the pricing and equipment. Right now they are just gouging.
Appreciate 0