View Single Post
      02-27-2017, 01:42 PM   #37
Spinnetti
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Various

I've had lots of VeeDubs... lots of folks crying the sky is falling and they do have their moments (e.g. coil packs)... I bought a Touareg new in 04' which was bottom of the quality ratings and it was bad first year, but all covered under warranty... in the 12 years since its had (other than brakes/tires/oil changes) cats and a fuel pump.. Yep, worst car ever has been pretty damn reliable over the last couple hundred thousand miles. Still drives and looks nearly new.

My current daily is a moderately modified 13' bug turbo. about $16k all-in with mods inclulding wheels, tires, suspension, exaust, intake and tune and its quite fun... My teenage kids don't squawk about riding in the back seat either... best car deal I've ever had and I drive the bejesus out of it, surprising lots of folks in the stoplight drags when my tires are still spinning into the shift into 3rd gear lol.

Had lots of Japanese cars too (including a couple Subarus), and if you like German cars, nothing beats another German car. Even a new MKVII GTI is a really nice car, but can have just as much fun even cheaper.

Last edited by Spinnetti; 02-27-2017 at 02:01 PM..
Appreciate 0