View Single Post
      10-28-2011, 01:08 PM   #5
patrice03
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: z23 318d f30

thanks for this detailed feedback.
i own one since early october and pretty much in line with your analysis. Exterior is quite blend though, would say the sport line is less controversial. interior is upscale but there are hard plastics, below the top dashboard and doors. besides, AC and radio switches are not soft touch. Overall quality is good for a compact but not outstanding, however do not expect a premium feel, this is a compact not a luxury car. Leather is somewhat cheap,pitty. I also have two rattles in the door, and one due a loose part for which i need to go back to the dealer. this is my fourth bimmer, and this is the fourth time i suffer quality glitches when getting the car... Cockpit design is somewhat disappointing, very classic, VW type.

Its strength is the way it handles, the precision of the steering, its agility, and the expetionnal level of comfort for a series 1. good job indeed, and even with 16 inches wheels, you can enjoy the drive. 118d is plenty of torque, not intruding in the cabin for a diesel, and no vibration. Automatic gear is also outstanding, smooth, quick.
This car rocks for driving and comfort but is deserved by a poor packaging as for design, inside and outside. pitty.
Appreciate 0