View Single Post
      01-22-2015, 01:03 PM   #1083
catalinmetal
Registered
Rep
Drives: bmw 114d MY 2014

hello all! I'm Catalin from Romania and this is my car, alpine white entry-level diesel 114d, with 16 inch alloys model 377 and sports leather steering wheel.
I've been owning so far 2 Pugs (206 and 308 new gen), one Ford (focus 2-nd gen), and 3 Saabs (I'm a huge fan, one 9-3 sedan, one 9-3 old gen cabrio aero, and one 9-5 sedan aero automatic), and after test driving a 114d at a local dealer in Bucharest, I felt like driving something I've always wanted - I have felt the car is part of me or me of her.

since all dealer's stock one series models were automatic except for the 114d model, and since the discount for a car from dealer's stock was very very good (7k eur in my case), I bought a white 114d and I'm very pleased with the decision. it doesn't have the brutal power of the Aeros, nor the flamboyance of the new 308, nor the friendly drive of the aspirated 9-3 new gen, but it does have precision in spades, the chassis is very very good and the car feels throughout very very well built, and cuts the road with huge grip, and with surprisingly good push for the power rated, especially in sport mode. I have always owned gasoline engines aspirated or turbo, but thi little diesel is very different but nonetheless very rewarding in it's own right. the sound of bmw diesel is the only one I like, and the turbo diesel torque feels very present even at ridiculously lower revs in Sport mode, which is a treat in a country like ours where roads are poor and there are lots of cars and trucks on the roads to take over.

this entry ine series has something that I haven't quite felt while driving the latest 316d, 420d coupe or the mighty x5 30d: the MAGIC. when I drove the test car, I felt like I couldn't care less for anything else than being behind the wheel, and this driver's pure joy was at it's max from many points of view.

anyways, let the pics talk, but they cannot express the feelings I have while driving it. and I have always bought cars that impressed me some ways or another...
I've been against diesels and against buying bmw cause of the poor brand image in my country, but it took one drive with a 114d to change all that at 180 degrees!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0