02-04-2013, 06:06 PM   #80
KoenG
Lieutenant Colonel
Belgium
Rep
Drives: i4 eDrive40 & Cupra Leon 300

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozinaldo View Post
Here I also divert from your opinion despite the fact that clinically speaking you are "right": But I can't even think about the 1M without rwd and whatever efficiency and rear bias the xdrive would provide doesn't really matter in that sense.

A GT-R or like sure are more efficient but they are not as much fun as a 1M. And going faster and/or safer from one point to another is not the synonym for a fun vehicle, it may well be just the opposite. 1M is safe enough and efficient enough for my like and it is crazy fun, so that's what I want if I have just one car.

I would buy the M135i in xdrive, auto and 5 door especially if it wouldn't be my only car. I wouldn't change a thing about the 1M though. I hope you understand why.
For me the xDrive would also mean: more fun, since 1) I'am not a Tokyo drift king 2) in Belgium the average allowed speed is 45km/h like you know and then your licence is shreded by d'Hondt. When you say: fun is living on the edge and understand you drive a weapon than can explode in your hands any moment, yes, than RWD is the way to go.

I've driven RWD all my live now (+600tkms) an my only experience was a replacement Audi A5 3.0Tdi AWD, but it was an incredible nice car to drive. You can plant your foot wherever you are, and you just GO, without drama. When you believe that the fun is the first victim of traction, I advice you to test some of the newest xDrives, best in combination with some real poke, like the 330d xDrive for instance (than you test the incredible 8AT also!).

To be clear, the 1M is a pure and epic car like few exist, no doubt about it. When I had it, I would love it every moment. But it's not the best engineering setup for idiots that want to have fun like me I guess. To be honest, I'am afraid that the average M5/6 buyer is not a better pilot than I'am.
Appreciate 0