Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [10.00]
2015 BMW i8  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by five_timer View Post
So first you insult me, then admit you completely missed the point, but no apology. You're a real winner.

How does this differ from my statement that Hamilton is lucky/smart? Let's clarify a few things:
1 - I'm a huge Hamilton fan, not an ass-kisser.
2 - Because of his luck with teams, he has not proven himself as has (for example) Alonso.
3 - All of you Hamilton fanboys seem to universally omit any mention of Vettel, who won a race with a Torro Rosso, and then (similar to Hamilton) went to a 2nd-tier team (Red Bull) and helped make it the best. The guy wins 4 successive championships, and everyone says it's meaningless, because he just happened to be in the best car. But somehow, Hamilton is different?
I didn't miss THE point, I missed A point and clearly admitted it.

This is exactly why I asked if you even watched F1. Point by point.

1. Glad you're a HAM fan. Congratulations.

2.. Luck implies a lack of skill and determination. His SKILL in the car earned him the opportunity to have the great seats. That said, his performance is head and shoulders above all drivers in F1 currently except for ALO, RIC, and VES. Go back and read the records for each of his seasons. Still the only driver to win a race in every season since he started.

3. You may want to consider about a chap named Adrian Newey. He currently holds and will probably hold forever the record for the most championship winning F1 cars designed. Look it up. As Steve Machett stated, "If you want to design a championship winning car, the best place to start is with Adrian Newey."

As far as VETs championships go, look up what ALO said about them. Look at what ALO says about HAM. VET got CRUSHED by RIC...crushed. None of HAMs teammates have crushed him. Button beat him once and now with the help of an engine meltdown (Malaysia), ROS has as well.

Lastly, referring to the point of HAM winning championships vs VET, HAM has won in 2 different teams under 2 different formulae. While the Mercedes Benz's are clearly dominant, the MP4-23 was not. The Ferrari was significantly faster. VET won in a car that pushed the rules to the breaking point (which I admire) and allowed him to accelerate out of corners dozens of meters earlier than other drivers. When they took his cool technology away, he faltered and was crushed. Not the same as HAM just as ROS is no WBR. ROS did a credible job against HAM...no shame in his performance. I've met him. I'm just not a fan. VET crushed WBR. I am a Webber fan but he was crushed.

I've been watching F1 since I was 8 or 9 years old. The only break I've taken was when Senna died. I didn't watch for 2 years afterwards. I've been watching HAMs career since he was 16 and knew he was special then.

Cheers-mk
Sir 7ewis, 7X FIA Formula One World Championship, World Driving Champion. 100 Wins. 101 Pole Positions. 54 Fastest Laps. Actual Rain Master. Leave me to it, Bono. One Race Win in each of his 15 years in F1. Most Laps Led in Formula One. The Centurion.
Appreciate 2
Ramos862.50
Taskmaster2465.00